Thursday, October 8, 2009

Green Smoothie

I have a new blender and food processor duo. I am happy to announce I have made my first... and second green smoothie. The first was a berry, banana and spinich one with a little raw cocoa. The second one which I made tonight was more of a raw soup and I heated it up in a bain-marie. It is horrible and cold here even though it is supposed to be spring. The recipe is one which I adapted from "Victoria Boutenko's Favourite" which can be found on www.rawfoodtalk.com. Here is what I used...

6 large spinich leaves (not baby)
10 basil leaves
1/3 large red chilli with seeds (I like it hot)
1/3 red onion
2 celery sticks
1/4 avocado
Himalayan sea salt to season
1-2 cups of water depending on your preference

I decided to pretty it up a little with some dukkahish stuff! this was just 1 sundried tomato, 5 almonds, 4 wallnut half and some curry powder. The pictures are pretty bad cause the light is a bit off.

Anyway, it was yummy. I will def. make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment