Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lettuce Wraps


I just made lettuce wraps. They are good. I didn't really intend to blog about these but I am pretty happy about how they turned out. I made them all from scratch apart from the olive oil. I also didnt keep measurements.

My wraps were made out of iceburg lettuce, I like the shape and texture of the leaves but am aware they are not nutritionally dense being mostly sugar, water and fiber.
Inside I had...

-Salad leaves- baby spinich, rocket, purple sprouting broccili leaves etc...
-Grated carrot
-Red onion
-Mushroom
-Cucumber
-Avocado

The things that I "made myself" are

Tabouli which I made a heap of using:
- half a head of cauliflower
-4 leaves of parsley
-Chives (probably about 15)
-salt and pepper
-small colve of garlic
all blended in these in a blender (garlic and a small amount of cauliflower to a fine texture first) and the rest to a tabouli size. I then chopped some cucumber and red onion finely and chucked these in.

Then I decided I wanted some tahini so...
-2 teaspoons olive oil
-half a cup of unsoaked, unhulled sesame seeds
-water to desired consistency
This was then blended. As I have said previously I have a cheap blender so this wasn't smooth as I would have liked but I think it is better than pasturised.

I also made some sundried tomato hummus
-2 zucchini
-1/4 cup soaked sunflower and sesame seeds
-4-6 sundried tomato halves
-juice of one lemon
-salt, pepper, curry powder and garlic
This is delicious.

Overall this was really good. I would have liked something a bit more acid like some chopped tomatos but... I dont have any. I will def. make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment